Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
Don’t worry. I and probably most other ARC owner on this forum have been using after market power cables for years and have no issues with warranty work. In fact most dealers demo these amps with after market cables. The dealer I bought from, Optimal Enchantment, always demos with AudioQuest for example

The cautionary language is just to avoid issues if you for example slap a 20A IEC on a 2 conductor lamp cord and then burn your house down!

and btw the warning on page 6 of the manual was more related to the second half of the sentence which you did not quote - the bit warning to always use a dedicated outlet and not a convenience or extension
The manual says the unit must be connected via the IEC connector. Let's see, why do they have an IEC connector? Hmmmmm....

Faint hearts neer won fair maiden. Besides rules are meant to be broken in this hobby, dear readers.

wylmars 05-12-2017 2:56pm
My comment is not a fabricated claim, but a literal interpretation of the ARC owner's manual and warranty terms
More accurately, it is a literal misinterpretation of ARC's warranty.

I did see that warning. ARC seems to want the owner to connect their AMPs directly to the AC, and not use any power conditioner or regenerator. Is that due to the power requirements of their AMPs? I purchased a PS Audio P10 to protect my equipment from surges, brown-outs, sudden electrical malfunctions. I also put a full-house surge protection unit that shuts down the panel to my home. In any case, are there specific attributes I should look for (other than 12 awg) in a power cord for a REF 75SE? 
Many find that power amps sound best plugged directly into the wall. In particular a regenerator such as your PS Audio is a pretty wasteful way to power a class A amp and may restrict dynamics. 

Personally i I get good results with the Synergistic PowerCell 12UEF but to start with go direct to the wall and on a circuit that's not shared with any of your other components