Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks for posting fidobite.  I think the Sigmas are a unique speaker and if you ever want to post a more detailed review on these I'm sure others would enjoy hearing your thoughts--especially on how they compare to the DI's.
+1

Good review by Steve. He points out the issues with the design but admits he doesn’t understand the science. He just likes the “American sound” or “gravitas”. Steve likes Zu Audio too - so his tastes lean towards a somewhat colourful fun musical sound rather than pure accuracy.

The comparison to similar priced B&W speakers places the Impact in context in terms of good value or similar options.

He is wearing an anti-US President protest badge but is still very supportive of USA businesses and products. I like Steve....
Listening to Steve’s Tekton review comments I did not infer that he leans toward a "colorful " sounding speaker. In comparison to the B&W 705SE he seems to find the 705 SE good in a "B&W way" implying a specific brand sound signature.

It seems clear that he found the Tekton much more "real" sounding (his own words) reproducing piano. He clearly said there was more realistic weight, scale,dynamics, presence and gravitas via the Tekton. He said it wasn’t merely a "shadow" of a piano.

His description of the Tekton demonstrates to me pretty convincingly he seeks and appreciates realistic reproduction. He also noted the good reproduction of orchestra music and percussion details. He certainly is suggesting/implying that the B&W 705 SE by comparison is more polite and smaller scale in its sound reproduction. Having heard the Tekton Double Impact and SE versions in a very fine audio system I agree with his listening impression of exceptional realism and sense of life/vitality. This isn’t a speaker with a recessed, polite small scale signature.
Charles
@charles1dad and I read it the same way. Tekton is sure getting all kinds of great reviews and comments from the industry.