DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
We’ll see. He’s like an animal. A Gila monster. I have a real bad feeling we’ll have to call in the Jaws of Life to pry him off you. Be vigilant!
Thank you for your concern but not to worry, I always use the premium HAZMAT suit, the one that is armour-plated and tin-foil lined ( this is not my first encounter with a vortex....so I gots some nous eh ).....and I just dusted off my old Phaser, you know, just in case. And walls are in good order, the larder is full and the cistern is topped up so I can hold out for weeks.

taras22,

The word "tractate" was more of me making fun of myself for writing a simplified, albeit too long, answer to your question about V/Q mismatch and body movements. I cannot agree more that it was misdirected and a waste of time and electrons.

I do not mind learning so I learned about existence of the field of respirology. I will try to research more on that.to find out what exactly it would encompass. It may be my fault that I have never come across a respirology expert. For some reason, I constantly feel it must be something like pulmonology but, given the responses of your partner, I find it hard to believe. For now, I can only wholeheartedly recommend those two well-known books by Dr. John B. West to your respirology partner. I know she is surely very familiar with them, they are as basic as it gets, but we all need a simple refresher from time to time.

That all brought me to your earlier suggestion I speak to exercise physiology folks about control of breathing. Very simplified, but still interesting, thoughts may be found at 46:08...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjXnz2kYcXE&list=PLE69608EC343F5691&index=11&feature=plpp

If nothing else, it may be interesting for your partner to see how Dr. West, with whose work she is certainly well-acquainted, looks like.

"She also suggested I ask you for a plain english explanation of your point "

"And don’t V/Q mismatches occur every time we move and that does affect gas exchange does it not.?"

Well, the answer was the first paragraph. It was very simple and in plain English. However, to simplify it further to the point of bordering with insufficient explanation......yes they do, but it does not matter in a normal subject.

Back to actual cables.. I have noticed that when I used a VAC Standard preamp as a tube buffer, I could easily hear the differences between Cardas Parsec, and Kimber KS1016 with changing just one IC pair. However when I switched to an Audible Illusions 3A as the tube buffer I can no longer hear ANY difference between the two IC when switching. However I have also been doing other things to the system. The largest change I can hear is adding two Furutech GTX gold Duplex. My system was a little lean prior, and now is better balanced and ’warmer’ (so the difference in the cable sound may have been more easily heard in the lean condition.) The ’lean; mainly do it my going for clarity as the primary goal for several years. Having gotten ther,e now I can ease off a bit and keep most of the clarity but trade off a little for a warm balance. All this is happening with just powercords and AC duplex. The toys I have been fiddling with of late.