Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Ah, Tech HiFi! That's where I got my first speakers - Advent New Large Utilities - in 1978. They were on sale for less than $200 ($179/pr?), IIRC. This is back when Tech HiFi, Sam Goody, Rabson's and other mid-fi retailers were big businesses, and often advertised in newspapers. It was a newspaper ad that alerted me to the sale price for the Advents. When's the last time you saw ads for hifi gear (other than Bose) in a newspaper? Boy, times have changed! The Advents are still in service in my secondary den system, with original foam surrounds. Thanks for the memories, Mapman!
Bondman,

TEch Hifi's big competitor I recall in the NYC metro area was Crazy Eddies. Remember them?
Crazy Eddie was the discounter. Tech Hi-Fi was the "specialty store". "Harvey Electronics" was the boutiquey store and Lyric was the "vault" that wouldn't let just anyone in to hear the Maggie Tympani.

As I recall.

Marty
Marty, that sounds like a fair accounting.

Also there were many one off dealers that were not part of a larger chain.

I sold to a lot of college kids with limited budgets at Tech HiFi. Their choices were often either just refurbs from Tech HiFi or Crazy Eddie. Most else was too expensive for most.

Then I graduated college and got a real job. Those days selling audio gear were fun though. I'd love to do it again someday.
Been listening to my new Ohm 1000's (Italian rosewood) they are really great. This thread was very helpful in helping me make decision. Great top and low end and seems very neutral as well.