Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Crazy Eddie was the discounter. Tech Hi-Fi was the "specialty store". "Harvey Electronics" was the boutiquey store and Lyric was the "vault" that wouldn't let just anyone in to hear the Maggie Tympani.

As I recall.

Marty
Marty, that sounds like a fair accounting.

Also there were many one off dealers that were not part of a larger chain.

I sold to a lot of college kids with limited budgets at Tech HiFi. Their choices were often either just refurbs from Tech HiFi or Crazy Eddie. Most else was too expensive for most.

Then I graduated college and got a real job. Those days selling audio gear were fun though. I'd love to do it again someday.
Been listening to my new Ohm 1000's (Italian rosewood) they are really great. This thread was very helpful in helping me make decision. Great top and low end and seems very neutral as well.
1000s?

Are those the latest and greatest 100s? I hadn't seen that these were available yet.
Diebenkorn: Thanks for the comments. Please feel free to post more impressions as you listen further.

Does anyone know if the prices will go up for the next version of the 100? (I hope not.)

Mapman - Not only do I remember Crazie Eddie's, I knew how to read the price codes on the shelf price cards. As their "insane" ads stressed, they would beat any price. Of course, most consumers would just assume the shelf price was the lowest price and pay it. Big mistake. Those who did shop around would present their competitor's ad before asking if the item was in stock. Big mistake #2, since Eddie's would suddenly be out of stock if you had a good price to beat. I would first ask the salesman if the item was in stock, have him write up the sale, and call the stockroom to have it brought up to the check out. Only then would I produce the ad with a lower price. I did this many times.

I myself worked for a while at Lafayette Radio on 45th Street while I was in college. They were already owned by Circuit City, and sold all mid-fi stuff. The best was probably Mirage speakers. I remember looking at the first CD player they sold - a Hitachi, IIRC - with a price tag of about $1000.

Sorry to everyone for drifting OT!