Insiders check in

Why did I pay $10 for this? 🤔
Am I a cool kid now? 😎😎😎
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
@uberwaltz   I have owned the Nottingham Dais for years with the Ace Space arm ( currently for sale on Audiogon ).  I am not a measurement kind of audiophile.  I have tried over a dozen cartridges on that arm, both MM and MC.  They all sounded good to me.  Never cared about compliance and things like that.  I would get the cartridge you like and don't worry.
@saudio 
Heartning to hear but shame you are selling.
Can you tell me what cartridges you have used on your tt over the years please?
Thank you
MM from Shure, Grado, Ortofon, Azden, Empire, Stanton, Grace and many more.  MC from Koetsu, Kiseki, Benz, Shelter, Denon and others.  They're all different sounding but all excellent.  MM sounds very good for "pennys" of cost compared to MC.  I don't have any favorites but if you asked me to pick one I would choose the Kiseki Purple Heart.
Thank you!

The kiseki is a bit out of my price range .

Which mm did you like the best?

I was even considering a MI for a total change, Soundsmith or Empire did make some good vintage MI models too.
Can't pick a favorite.  They are all so musical that it amazes me.  MC are more transparent, faster and much more extended and airy in the highs.  But they don't have the musicality that MM or MI achieve effortlessly.  Also MC require incredible phono stages or step ups to work. 

I was listening to the vintage Azden MM yesterday and the sound was great.
What phono stage are you going to be using?