Recommend used digital source for $3K used

This spring, I'm planning on being in a position to spend some money on a significant upgrade. One consideration is a new digital source in the "not to exceed" $3K range. I'm currently using a Jolida JD 100 with RCA NOS tubes.

I'm open to both CDP's or transport/DAC options, and already assume I will get the most bang for my buck with a DAC/transport.
128x128pdreher
forgot to mention tube technolgy dac..... it is the most musical unit(digital) i have heard to date (it smoked the $$$$ buck esoteric)
Readers of this thread should disregard previous comparisons of the tube technology dac to Esoteric. I own the X-01 and the tube technology sounds slow, sluggish, and lethargic alongside it. In no way, shape, or form is the tube technology dac in the same league as the Estoeric.
wc65mustang.... funny..... your description of slow, sluggish, etc. sounds like the sonics of the esoteric as comparded to the tube technolgy...

dont get your thong in a bunch... it is a suggestion..like anything, listen for yourself....

disclosure....

-i am in medical sales and in no way assoiciatd with tube technology or esoteric or have any such units for sale.
-the tube technology is the best digital playback unit i have heard to date in terms of musicality ( my opinion)
Wc65mustang, Bill are you Bill Feil, aka Audiogon member Audiofeil , owner of AudioFeil International, and a dealer for Esoteric?
I was curious about this as well. I could swear that twice when I've written wc65mustang, the response came from audiofeil's e-mail address. Could that be true, Bill?