Recommend used digital source for $3K used

This spring, I'm planning on being in a position to spend some money on a significant upgrade. One consideration is a new digital source in the "not to exceed" $3K range. I'm currently using a Jolida JD 100 with RCA NOS tubes.

I'm open to both CDP's or transport/DAC options, and already assume I will get the most bang for my buck with a DAC/transport.
128x128pdreher
wc65mustang.... funny..... your description of slow, sluggish, etc. sounds like the sonics of the esoteric as comparded to the tube technolgy...

dont get your thong in a bunch... it is a suggestion..like anything, listen for yourself....

disclosure....

-i am in medical sales and in no way assoiciatd with tube technology or esoteric or have any such units for sale.
-the tube technology is the best digital playback unit i have heard to date in terms of musicality ( my opinion)
Wc65mustang, Bill are you Bill Feil, aka Audiogon member Audiofeil , owner of AudioFeil International, and a dealer for Esoteric?
I was curious about this as well. I could swear that twice when I've written wc65mustang, the response came from audiofeil's e-mail address. Could that be true, Bill?
Wc65mustang, Bill are you Bill Feil, aka Audiogon member Audiofeil , owner of AudioFeil International, and a dealer for Esoteric?

I was curious about this as well. I could swear that twice when I've written wc65mustang, the response came from audiofeil's e-mail address. Could that be true, Bill?

Imagine that? Say it ain't so!

Reminds me of that generous and provocative A'gon contributor, "Betterthencrack" whose posts were entirely devoted to talking-up a certain well-promoted SS amplifier line. I noticed Betterthencrack is no longer a member here since that particular company changed ownership. Go figure! Guess he had nothing left to say. I wonder if Wc65mustang will have anything left to say? I ain't holding my breath.

Marco
Ooooo.....the plot thickens. The High Stakes world of HIGH END AUDIO! I can just hear the sound track to "Mission Impossible" Playing in the background....on my X-01 of course. LOL!!!

This is so fun! :-)