Gallo Stradas vs. Merlin TSM-MXRs

I know this is a weird question, but I have an opportunity to purchase either Gallo Stradas or Merlin TSM-MXRs, but do not have the opportunity to hear them. The Merlins are about $700 more, which I don't mind paying if they are superior. Both would be paired with a small sub for a music-only second system. Amp is a Bel Canto ref500s. The room (my office) has terrible room treatment (hardwood floors, blank plaster over masonry walls, hard modern furniture, tall ceilings- and I don't want to add much in the way of room treatment for aesthetic reasons). I listen to a very wide variety of music - but mostly indie rock and jazz, at low to moderate levels.

Thoughts? I will be replacing Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rods.
mateored
Both of these speakers are very good. If you want absolute invisable speakers as far as imaging goes, then the Gallos are hard to beat. Man.... This is a tough one, they're both really good speakers.
The TSMs are indeed superb speakers but I can't compare them to the Gallos which I haven't heard. I had no idea they cost that much more, they are good very good, though.
Would appreciate comments on which of these speakers will sound best in a highly reflective room. Or, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with these speakers. I just saw a pair of Nuforce Reference S-9s on A'gon that also look interesting, although they are a bit more expensive than the Merlins.
I own a pair of Stradas and their floor mounts (with modded brass spikes from Eden Sound), plus a pair of Gallo TR-3 subs. I have only heard the larger (VSM?) Merlin speakers -- in a wildly different system -- but I'd put the Gallos up against them any time. Granted, it's not a fair comparison. No, the Stradas do not sound bright, at least not i my tubed (Aesthetix Calypso, 845 SET monoblocks) system.