Modwright sony xa5400 vs Modwright Oppo 95

Anyone got a chance to compare modded xa5400 and Oppo 95 units? How would you define the overall sound character of the two? I am using Merlin speakers with ARS filarmonia amplifier. I like to listen Jazz and Classical mainly. Would like to have a great resolution, vocal clarity, focused sound stage and full bodied presentation (..of Piano and string instruments).
Not looking for comparison between stock and modded units.
Please help me decide between the two. Thanks.
sstalwar
Had the opportuniy to borrow a pair of broken in CV181 and didn't care for them at all. They were quite musical but found the soundstaging and imaging to be below par. Imaging was not pinpoint but rather came from a general between the speaker that was soft blurry compared to Sophias or my beloved Sylvanias W.
Wig and Zmanastronomy,
Is CV181 interchangeable with 6SN7 in modwright Oppo/Sony?
I know it is not a direct replacement of 6SN7 as Filament Current of CV181 is .9 Amp versus .6 Amp for the 6SN7 and Max Plate Voltage is 300V compared to 450V for the 6SN7 type tube.
I am looking to get a pair of Mullard or Brimar valve.
Thanks for sharing the experience. Would love to know what others have to say about CV181 valve in modwright gear.
Tube rolling question!
Does anyone know the family of analog stage tubes (other than 6sn7) and rectifier tubes (other than gz34) that are compatible with Oppo bdp95 and sony xa5400? Thanks.