Oppo 95: Burn-in...and Fan

Hi,

I just received my Oppo 95. I have a question and an observation:

How long have people found it takes before the unit is burned-in and sounding at least close to its best?

I definitely hear the fan...up to about 12 feet or so. I do have a very quiet listening environment most of the time. I'm worried, though, because I sit about 2 feet from my player! (and have to) Has anyone come up with any solutions to the fan noise? (other than putting the player a long way from the listening position, that is)

Thanks very much!
John

p.s. I know some say they don't hear the fan when music is playing. I understand, but it's clearly affecting the noise floor. And enjoying very subtle details, ambience, decay, etc. are very important to me.
jfz
Something I forgot you guys may find important! upon removing the plastic caps from the rca connectors on the 95 there is more than a small amount of residue left over. I used Caig pro gold and polished them to a shine, you wont believe the difference in how dull they where, I'm not sure if this contributes to the sound, as I did this on day one, but I'm sure its not helping it either.
Thanks - I do use Kontak that I like, so did that (I do have a bottle of Caig Deoxit Gold as well, I tried it once way back and stopped using it as it's 'oily' and affected the sound negatively in my opinion...maybe I'm just using it the wrong way)...burn-in continues and the Oppo sounds really sweet now (I can no longer have it playing in the background and ignore it - I didn't expect CD's to sound this good), my only complaint being the fan noise (it really doesn't matter)...I've upgraded the firmware and set FL/FR as advised...right now I have a Nordost Shiva on the CDP which sounds good...I've even found a few other threads that discusses power cords and such...
Go4vinyl,

Are you using the Oppo connected to a preamp via
regular RCA's as a stand alone cdp, or are you using a separate DAC with a digital cable??
Yeah the Caig can be oily, I use a separate cloth( some use alcohol) to remove any excess I find that after a week or two the sound character of the Caig wears off and all cables settle back in!
I have a fan here that may be lower noise. I will be trying it very soon. I will let you know if it works and where to get it if it does. As it states on my website you can remove the cover and not only will it sound better but the fan will only come on when you are playing Blue Rays.