Please recommend used tonearm under $1K

longer than 9" preferable, to be used with an SP-10MK2 and Virtuoso MM cartridge. The tonearm does not have to be modern. In fact, something vintage that can be easy to source through here or eBay is fine.

I favor rock, so dynamics and slam are crucial. Good imaging and soundstage DEPTH are also important.

The bonus is if the arm keeps solid value because I eventually want to move up to the Trans-Fi T3.
applebook
All of this mud-slinging is going off-topic.

I think there are a variety of arms under $1k which are really quite good. I don't want to be accused of talking my own book (I still have a closet full of stuff to get rid of) so I won't name names here. Some which have been mentioned on the thread already are excellent. Some might be tough to find under $1k.

However... without naming names here... if you look at any major Japanese manufacturer of high end turntables in the 1978-1984 period, many of them sold turntables in full form and modular form (i.e. you could buy a ready-to-play set, or you could choose your motor, your plinth, your arm, or just buy one or two of the three). If you take a look at the tonearm from their top "full form" turntable which was also sold as an after-market option, it means it can be easily mounted on another table. In the majority of cases, those arms are really excellent deals for the money now. Some have already been mentioned in the thread and some have not. They ranged from effective length of about 220mm to about 250mm, and then some tables had "long arm" lengths which were in the area of 282mm. In addition, there were some arms from Japanese manufacturers which were not turntable manufacturers but instead specialized in after-market accessories (like arms, occasionally carts, and sometimes a few other tidbits). In many cases, those arms were also excellent. One of those has been mentioned here too but there are a few others.
Dear nandric: What you explain is what I?m refering to but I can see was a bad explanation from my part.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
+++++ " who would promote a P Mount cartridge with adapter as an ultimate cartridge has a perspective different not only from me but from anyone else I know. " +++++

well that your world and " any one else I know " be a small/tiny island does means almost nothing because in the MM/MI thread are several/lot of persons that think those P-mount cartridges are great.

I don't want to ask about several great P-mount cartridges but only one: do you have on hand or heard it in the last month the Azden P50VL?, if not you can't understand why other people but you are so happy enjoying this Azden P-mount cartridge you can't even talk or give an opinion on P-mount cartridges like this Azden.

Good that you own the 205: finally we agree on something. I own the 205MK4 and is really great.

Don't leave that this thread stress you, stay calm and be happy as I'm.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Hi T_bone, So far as I know you live in Japan and you made
me very curious about all of those tonearms that you avoid
to name. Alas I don't understand your reasons. On the contrary because you can provide as with many informations
that we are not familiar with. I can add the Micros to 'my'
names (dare not mention FR-64 'cause of Raul) but this is not in any way 'suprising'. I hope your reason is not 'hidden' in the same closet with all those gatherings?

Regards,