how can a line cord affect frequency response ?

i have personally auditioned over 10 different manufacturer's line cords. i hear differences. i don;'t understand how a line cord can affect treble response or bass response.

can someone provide an explanation ?
mrtennis
hi tvad, my background is economics, math and psychology, not law. my vocations have been software development and writing.
05-09-06: Mrtennis
hi tvad, my background is economics, math and psychology, not law. my vocations have been software development and writing.
Oh. I based my comment on this quote from you.
i must admit, i enjoy your british humor, it is so biting and civilized, but as a lawyer, i'd bury you in court.
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)
Guess it was just more Three Card Monte from you, MrT.
A seasoned 64-year-old trained economist, mathematician, psychologist. . . a practicing software engineer and author. . . an aspiring and inspiring barrister. . . and yet all of these whilst lowering himself so to impart onto us struggling simple souls the high wisdom of logic, rhetoric, Latin, etiquette, engineering, and the true audio-truth to boot!

What can I say. . . I's in awe. . . I's just about speechless!
Dpak996: Triggering on both, but not at the same time! For the line cord waveforms, I'll trigger on the line. For waveforms on the filter, I'll have to trigger on the ripple, as the music signal will, or at least should, be very small in comparison. But, I can trigger on that just to see what might come up.

I am hoping to have time to check this out tomorrow night, as I should have some lab time available.

Tvad: I wasn't asking for proprietary secrets. I was asking for some data indicating their cables improvement. For example, you bought a power amplifier for your stereo, certainly you asked it was tube, solid state, what power it has, signal to noise ratio, current capacity, perhaps you even talked to the manufacturer about their philosophy in design. All of this provides good data and information, yet is not proprietary.