The Problem with Synergistic Research

The problem is one that a number of cable makers suffer from. I preface my remarks by noting this not a problem that is exclusive to Synergistic Research. I use SR as an example because I am more familiar with their cables than with the cables of other companies that have the same problem.

The problem is the cost of incremental improvements. SR makes some great products. But, in spite of their copy writing, not all SR products are great, IMO. Some SR products have made great improvements in my system -- like the Tesla SE Hologram D power cord. That having been said, in retrospect, despite the bally-hoo that surrounds SR product launches, most of their products have brought no more than incremental improvements to my system. Products from other cable companies have brought equal or greater improvements for me -- often at much lower cost.

The problem is that SR has such fast-paced marketing with products coming out at a gallop supplanting recently released products -- such as the SR line of PowerCell conditioners -- that I sometimes feel I have been left in the dust.

We cannot stop the relentless march of technology. But at the high price of most of SR's offerings one is often left with sense of being left out instead of left in when new products come on the heels of products one has just purchased. The SR trade-up program does not remedy this problem at all, IMO.

There are many other cable companies without fast-paced marketing that provide equal or better value for the money, IMO. Companies like Bybee, HiDiamond and Cardas. I am probably not the only one who feels as I do about SR and other companies with fast-paced marketing.
sabai
Fplanner2010, Gloria, Knghifi,
I feel you're being a bit unkind here. I don't think it would have cost much for SR to do this repair and the goodwill extended would have come back to them -- whereas now they have to deal with bad publicity that may be worth a lot more than the very small sum of $50.

You see, it does not much matter who was right about this. I can understand SR sticking to the letter of the law. But by going the extra few yards they could have had a win-win situation instead of having a lose-lose situation. A little graciousness and generosity can go a long way in the high end audio business. IMO.

There are people who have gone the extra few yards for me in audio. I appreciate it very much and I always have a good word to say about them -- even if things were not 100%. They deserve a good word. Those who have not done business with me in the same way are written up differently.

Regarding SR, they get top marks from me for customer service. But as for policies and some other matters referred to earlier, they still have some work to do. IMO.
I tend to think about these things in a manner similar to Sabai.

It's amazing to me that especially in these days of a rough economy, the internet, free information flow, etc. that more do not go out of the way a bit in the interest of good customer relations. Companies that tend to do best over the long term tend to do this kind of thing better I believe.
Sabai, You've gotta be kidding me. Nasaman buys a 6+ years old IC off Ebay with UNDOCUMENTED number of owners, history, traveled the world several times and probably the IC you used in a SERIES with your bungee cord and jump rope and you want it repair under warranty??

There's an inherent danger in purchasing used to save a few bucks. I think it's REASONABLE that SR will only charge $50 for the repair.
Completely agree with Mapman.

Want to demonstrate confidence in your product? Don't nickel and dime your customers. There will be ROI in spades.
Send me an email to NasaMan11006@yahoo.com and allow me to reply with the pics and then let’s view it together. I just want to share it with you all, nothing more.
Yes, the cable was a 6y old, but I was the first one cutting off the S.R’s PRINTED heat shrink to shockingly discover what under neat. This could possibly happen to yours too. I doubt in 100 years that SR’s will mail out, give away, or sell their logo/ SN printed heat shrinks to any consumers.

What'd you think if this missing soldering process happens to 1 of your highly regard high-end fav cable?

In this HIGH END cable business, if the soldering step missed, it’s a VERY big thing. A VERY big mistake. If the company makes this mistake, the company fixes the mistake at any cost, period. And I gave SR that chance.

Remember, SR was my fav cable company, I wouldn't go this far just to hurt them. Not to mention this matter already happened back in Jan.,5 months ago. I’m not bashing S.R. but, as the title of this thread, “The Problem with S.R”, I share mine.

$50 did not upset me, the irresponsible did.