PMC speakers?

Hey Y'all,

These speakers have recently been brought to my attention and I would like to hear from anyone that owns them or has auditioned them and what you think of them. Thanks.........John
jrwr7
Hi Alex, good as the Rotels may be, the Cyrus and/or Moon amps will be better. The PMC, although efficient, fancy amps with muscle, so things like Bryston or other big amps will give a great improvement. I think you will hear a big difference (improvement IMHO), and an extended low-end.
PMC speakers are a natural match for Bryston amps. They are generally very dynamic across their line with a good price/low-end extension ratio.

I heard the IB1s and MB2s quite a few times with both McIntosh and Bryston amplification. The IB1s were too punchy for my tastes. The MB2 gave a much more relaxed sound. I felt the MB2 was pretty musical rather than a strict studio monitor type sound. But if you're buying the monitors, factor in the cost of the stands. They're very pricey and IMO not a good value.
I have had the PMC GB1's for about 4 weeks.The difference now they have broken in is amazing. The bass has improved greatly and there seems to be much more cohesiveness to the sound.

I would highly recommend these speakers. They have great accuracy and the speakers appear to disappear with a dynamic, fluid sound that extends past the speaker cabinets.

I am looking forward to upgrading my amp to take full advantage of these.

Highly recommended

Alex

Melbourne Australia
I have PMC IB2 mains and center and LB1 rears all driven with Bryston amps. PMC's may not look like much but I have yet to hear better sound! They are incredible speakers especially when partnered with Bryston amps!