Best Phono Pre-amp..for the money?

I am in need of the best phono pre-amp for a moving mag. cartridge (high-end Grado) to run into a line stage. Some say the Creek 8SE, some the Black Cube...I can't afford the CJ or ARC units...any advice?
whatjd
I am using a Camelot Technology Lancelot Pro phono stage which is a huge improvement on the phono stage on my Modulus 3a. It lists for $900 but is available for less on the net.
I would add the EAR 834P to this list. You will need to replace the stock tubes with NOS but you can find used for $400 and it is exceptional at this price.
I just talked to Frank Van Alstine this morning. He claims his new Omegastar phono preamp ($485) outperforms Klyne preamps. That's a very bold statement, I'd say...if it's true, WOW!
for budget fono-stage, i'd check out the acurus 47k & the anthem p10 - several folks told me these smoke the black cube, when i was searching for a fono-stage last year. i ended-up w/a pentagon ps-3 - a german unit that retailed for $1800. i got it for $600, cuz no one in the usa has heard of it! ;~) discovery cable was an importer of pentagon electronics - i dunno if they still handle 'em. it's great - far nicer than the musical surroundings phonomena i had for a while. of course, the $1800 pentagon should be better than the phonomena, as the phonomena lists for $600... but, even the fono-stage in the linn kairn preamp i used to own, was better than the phonomena. makes me think the linn linto might also be worth checking out - these are awailabe used for ~50% of retail...

doug s.

>He claims his new Omegastar phono preamp ($485) outperforms Klyne preamps.

Is he the same guy who authored this letter that's on his website? Reading it was good for a few laughs!