Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Not a broken record JaFox; I appreciate your input! I appreciate everyone's input!!

Can you point me in the best direction to get my hands on them? And what the cost would be?
--
I heard back from Steve. It is, in fact, a driver issue. I'll upload it in the morning and play some more. I'm dying to hear the OverDrive! It's tiny compared to the Lampy and diminutive next to the Aeris.
Mattnshilp: I guess the only way is for me to pop out the tube pair from my L6 and send them to you. Send me a note through my member name with your address and I can get them to you. Will be 2-3 days shipping, and a week to play and then 2-3 days back. Time this such that the other units will be "warmed up". If all will be ready for next weekend, I will send them out on Wednesday.
John
What is the price tag of the Aeris and does it do DSD?

Matt, has your bias shifted towards SS sonics occurred for any particular reason? There is an ocean of difference between Tenor and SS class D.

The real problem with with your current paradigm is you cannot "know" a piece until you live with it for an extended period of time. Things that sound spectacular on first blush often end up in the recycle bin. Ideally, you would have all these dacs on loan for a much longer duration. For that reason, I will circle back in a year and see what dac you own. It may not be the one that "wins" the shootout...:/