MIT Love 'em or Hate 'em

Has anyone else noticed that audio stores that carry MIT think there is no better cable type and stores that don't carry MIT all think they are terrible. Is this sour grapes or is something else going on here?
bundy
Yes ASA, again an analysis which everyone should read, it it is so to the point, I think. I'm so used to reactions like that of our dear uncle, that it did not particularly bother me. But then his reasoning within his system was already flawed and if he ever did percieve a small voice of doubt, it was -as usual in these cases - overridden by his gall, vented at those that contradicted him. I am for freedom of speach, but I get irritated when I smell fanaticism. I'd rather do without it, thankyou.
I think something WAS proven here. Anger and a thinly disguised patronising, professoral, attitude is not conducive to communication.
Asa, I think that krusty's annoyance came from his disbelief that any "ignoramus" posting would dare question his erudition and experience -- erudition purportedly evidenced by scientific argumentation at that. He was incredulous that people persisted in questioning...

As you note, his argumentation is inconsistent -- I'd say it's emotional outburst(s) rather than a rational discussion. You took the "rational" view that krusty put forth.

I join Detlof in finding little constructive info -- what there is, is lost to this incredulity and expressed superiority. More's the pity.
Asa, time for me to come clean. You appear to really know your business. There is, however, a possibility that the reason Uncle K did not answer your question is because he did not understand it. What I am trying to say is that I work with mathmaticians, writers, sales people, investment gurus, etc. in a larger company. In general, I don't have a hard time understanding the written word since like many my existance kinda depends on it.

I get glimpses of what you are trying to say, but between the beginning of your longer essays and the end I often fail to get your message and there are times I would like to.
Thanks Greg, If I read you right, we feel the same about the whole matter. Pity Krusty did not really want to talk.