Meitner EMM DAC6e Redbook Performance

Everyone is raving about this DAC, but I have not seen much written about its abilities with redbook CD.

Would anyone care to comment who has real experience with its redbook capabilities? I understand that it converts the redbook signal to DSD. Comparisons to other top-flight redbook players are welcome.

Thank you.
raquel
Rob, I, too, would love to hear of your findings in the Wadia/Meitner "shootout". As the previous owner of a mid level GNSC modded 270/27i combo, Audio Aero Capitole Mk.II, Meitnerized Philips SACD 1000/DAC 6, Switchman II, and, for the last 24 hours- CDSD/DCC2 I would put the Wadia 270/27i at the bottom of the afore mentioned digital front-ends. The Meitner gear is in a different league than the others. I will comment on the CDSD/DCC2 vs. the original Meitner configuration after further burn-in, but at first blush I'm hearing definite improvements in sound-stage and overall musicality in the new Meitner combo over the 1st generation. Again, I will be in a better position to comment more conclusively afer I've spent more time with the CDSD & DCC2. I would be very suprised that, in a blind test, many- if any- listeners would chose the Wadia (regardles of any level of GNSC mod) over the original or new Meitner gear.
Fbhifi, is there improvement in the DCC2 over the DAC6/Switchman combo? Is it in the software?
The first part of the showdown will occur in a week. We've been waiting for the Meitner transport to come and have some hours put on it. Stay tuned.

Rob
hello Rob where you been lately? Haven't seen you posting much recently. Thought you had disappeared. Justin in California