Musical subwoofer for under 1K

I'm looking for a new/used subwoofer that will work well with my ML aerius's. I would like to keep it under $1k. I listen to music 1st, H/T 2nd. Room size is 18x24.
timinator6
i'd suggest getting a pair, if mainly for music - *every* aspect of subwoofing improves, & *every* possible negative re: integrating w/your main speakers is minimized, when using *two* subs, imho...

i'd suggest, based upon your room size, a pair of vmps original subs, a marchand deluxe xm-9 x-over, and the best used solid-state amp ewe can find/afford. while the cost will exceed $1k, it should still be under $1500, & it will be *really* something! :>)

regards, doug

i can agree w/sugarbrie that the hsu tn1220 is good (still gotta get two, imo!), but i prefer the vmps...
Hi

For $350 you can get the Acoustic Research ARS300 over the net. This sub has 300 watt Sunfire amp and a 12 inch driver. It is fast and LOW(22hz). I great value.

Pete
hsu tn1200 is wonderful...takes up little floor space, but as my wife likes to say, "it's the size of a small human." it's a passive sub and can be bought new for around $450. very hard to come by used, but a used high current solid state power amp is not (if your processor/receiver has a built in crossover....). i haven't heard the VTF-2, but it has excellent reviews and is only $499 new. good luck.