BEL 1001 amps. Specs and ordering

Does anyone know how to contact the owner of Brown Electronics Labs about their BEL 1001 amps? Also, Are the amps pure class A and can anyone compare the sound to other high quality amps?
I'm currently using Channel Islands D200 mono blocks with Odyssey Lorelei sepakers.
Thanks for the help in advance.
turek
Narrod: I totally agree I have listen to the Bel 1001 amps since the early 90's and yes Mikej I found the latest boring just like the others.. maybe it is just a lack of headroom or something or a lack of current... I don't know.. nothing really stood out....

You definitely need to run them in Mono.

Turek: You should really find someone or somewhere to listen to these since you are use to so much effortless power with your current setup. The Other option is to upgrade your preamp which you don't state as I find that the preamp makes an amazing difference in a system.

Good luck!
Chris
Forgot to mention that using BEL cables also can make a huge difference. They're not expensive, but they are the only cable I've heard with the BEL amps that let's the sound through without coloration. Anyway, systems and rooms make different impressions.
Cheers,
Mike
Michael,

I do seem to remember discussions back in the 90s. The amps were marketed as Class A but Richard said they weren't true Class A but not really Class AB either. My memory is shaky but I do remember the technical explanation was beyond me. I haven't seen any Bel literature in quite awhile. I do recall that early brochures described them as Class A. Of course, it's not really an issue. Buyers care about the sound and most don't think or care about the design.

Regards,

Wendell
Regards,

Wendell
I just want to say that I've head a Mk II and I was very impressed, in stereo, with the BEL cables. It was a simple system: Vandersteen 2a's and and Audible Illusions Modulus 2, but is sounded damn nice!
Got to love these forums. You'll get so many different opinions to questions you end up feeling more confused. I'm with Mike as far as loving this amp. In my system it's extremely dynamic with spot on imaging, excellent low range, mids and highs. You name it, this amp delivers. Now I haven't compared this amp to a ton of others. Haven't felt the need. I do know it bettered the Bryston 4bst, 7bst and ASL AQ1009DT's I have tried. In his manual Richard Brown states " The output devices are operated at a quiescent point that corresponds to a Class A operation dissipating an approximate total of 100 watts. The determination of this quiescent point was made for the optimization of individual output devices rather than meeting any specific conventional definitions of Class A operation." Whatever the hell that means. I also remember chatting with a dealer in Oregon who also carried Edge amps. He compared the sound of the MKV's monoblocked to the Edge NL10 which I've heard is a pretty good sounding amp. Unlike Mike I don't like the BEL I/C's. They made the sound of my system dead. I do like the S24 speaker cables. I believe they are a good bang for your buck.