Anyone have problems w/McIntosh warranty

I live in the middle of no where/ mid-west USA,no local dealers within 100s of miles from me.I bought a NEW McIntosh amp from dealer and had it shipped to me.The dealer first asked me to verify that I had no local dealer and told me over the phone that all paperwork would be in the crate, to send in the warranty info supplied which I did..McIntosh informed me via a letter that because it was purchased over the phone and shipped to me the warranty is invalid/void..Im posting half in protest to their policies and the other half to warn potential buyers..Last time I buy McIntosh!!!!
missioncoonery
Missioncoonery, I was reading this and feel for you and if what you have said is 100% accurate then Mac needs to give their head a shake along with getting their head out of the sand and wake up already.

If I was you I would write a letter to the president of Mac with what is going on and don't give in, this is absolutely absurd.

Make sure you put everything in writing so it is not hearsay so no one can say I didn't say that, you just never know.

What is your dealer doing for you regarding this matter?

This should be a concern and a RED FLAG for all dealers out there who deal with Mac and be a wake up call.
Here is the warranty statement buried inside Mac's website. Beware whenever someone tells you that their policy is for your own protection...

For the Consumer's Protection
In order to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, "new" McIntosh products may only be purchased over-the-counter or delivered and installed by an Authorized McIntosh Dealer.

McIntosh products that are purchased over the Internet, by phone or mail order are presumed to be "used" and do not qualify for any McIntosh Warranty. McIntosh does not warrant, in any way, products that are purchased from anyone who is not an Authorized Dealer or products that have had their serial number altered or defaced.
To the OP, if it ever goes to court, you are covered,you did nothing wrong,neither did mac,but you will win on the warranty issue
Going to court is not likely to be a practical or cost effective solution. If the amount is above the "small claim" threshold for the State where the suit would be filed, a lawyer would likely have to be paid. Also, the courts in the OP's own State probably don't have jurisdiction, assuming McIntosh does not have a substantial business presence there. At best, there would be considerable time, trouble, and probably expense involved.

I agree, based on the warranty statement that Dgarretson quoted, that McIntosh's policy is outrageous, and I agree with the suggestions of trying to return the unit to the dealer, as well as complaining to Mc's president and their corporate parent (D&M Holdings, I believe).

Regards,
-- Al
I agree also, based on the warranty statement that Dgarretson quoted, that McIntosh's policy is outrageous.

You are not in the wrong here but have been put into a very awkward situation which is totally wrong, obviously the dealer is the one wronge here so in essence it's his problem.

As I mentioned earlier I would be sending a letter to Mac's president and their corporate parent who ever it is, if it is (D&M Holdings)with your complaint.

Some members are suggesting legal, don't waste your time going down this road unless you have lots and lots of time on your hands, life is just too short and it will just go on and on and in the end the justice system is by far perfect and you may not prevail, not worth it.

Just put pressure on the Manufacture and Dealer in question.

What is your dealer doing?