Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I am using the Tungsol Round Plates Black Glass VT-231 as well on my Chenin. I stock up with several pairs because I noticed that the price of them tubes increases everytime I check them. I tried Kenrads, Sylvania, RCA, etc. recommended here by others but the Tungsol is the clear winner in my system.

I bought a pair recently which tested at 85 to 90% of NOS (~2100 to 2200 per side tested on my calibrated Hickok 6000A)and been running it for a month now. Last night out of curiosity, I re-tested the tubes again to see if they degrade somehow (the preamp does its job at about 4 hours a day minimum). What do you know, still very close if not the same to the original reading I got as per notes on my tube notebook dated last week of July! Not gassy, and life test is perfect(you can do this on the 6000A).

My point is that if you can find a pair that tested (very important)and is at least 80% of NOS (2500 micro-mhos on Hickok 6000A as a reference)
and cost reasonably lower than NOS ($225 last time I look)then you can save some money........................ for the WE350B in the future.
Ok, a bit of a strange question. Does the Syrah PS only have a rectifier, or the rectifier/regulator combo? Every picture I've seen shows only the rectifier. Mine has all three, like the Cortese. But, Grannyring posted under Bwhite's system:
I just purchased Syrah pre with the same power supply as the Cortese - one of a kind according to Supratek.

So, what tube configuration does your PS have? I thought I'd get a little more info before I emailed Mick, and held up production for those of you waiting for your units!
Jphii, the Syrah, Chardonnay and Chenin have a rectifier on the power supply & that's it, no regulators.

When I first saw Grannyring's pre, I thought it might be a Cortese power supply hooked to a Syrah - but Grannyring informed me otherwise.

I don't know the history of that unit - Mick might.
I'll get a couple of pics up tonight so you all can see my Syrah. It must have been a custom deal, because I have all three on the power supply. Guess it's time to email Mick.

Joe
for your respose. Well looking forward to the Chardonnay. I should have it in about 6 to 8 weeks. I do plan to use the stock tubes at least for a month or so before doing any kind of tube rolling.

Regards,
Jay