Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Ok, a bit of a strange question. Does the Syrah PS only have a rectifier, or the rectifier/regulator combo? Every picture I've seen shows only the rectifier. Mine has all three, like the Cortese. But, Grannyring posted under Bwhite's system:
I just purchased Syrah pre with the same power supply as the Cortese - one of a kind according to Supratek.

So, what tube configuration does your PS have? I thought I'd get a little more info before I emailed Mick, and held up production for those of you waiting for your units!
Jphii, the Syrah, Chardonnay and Chenin have a rectifier on the power supply & that's it, no regulators.

When I first saw Grannyring's pre, I thought it might be a Cortese power supply hooked to a Syrah - but Grannyring informed me otherwise.

I don't know the history of that unit - Mick might.
I'll get a couple of pics up tonight so you all can see my Syrah. It must have been a custom deal, because I have all three on the power supply. Guess it's time to email Mick.

Joe
for your respose. Well looking forward to the Chardonnay. I should have it in about 6 to 8 weeks. I do plan to use the stock tubes at least for a month or so before doing any kind of tube rolling.

Regards,
Jay
I still haven't had a chance to get some pics up, but I did email Mick about my tube layout. I said:

I bought Syrah serial #119 about a year ago. I have a question. All of the Syrahs I see on Audiogon & Audio Asylum have only the rectifier in the power supply. Mine has both the regulators & rectifier on the power supply. Was this an unusual configuration? #119 was built in July 2001, as per your initials on the bottom of the PS. It is Jarrah & copper. I am hoping you can tell me whats up with mine.

He replied:

Hi Joe
That one was a sort of early Cortese- it ended up being completely different , but some good things came out of that one.
MickM

I guess I made out a lot better than I thought I did! All I know is: This piece brings me almost as much enjoyment as my Teres. And since it helps me enjoy my Teres even more, it will be here for a long time.

Now, if you people would stop killing me with the WE350b's on ebay, I'd REALLY be happy!

Joe