Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Jphii, the Syrah, Chardonnay and Chenin have a rectifier on the power supply & that's it, no regulators.

When I first saw Grannyring's pre, I thought it might be a Cortese power supply hooked to a Syrah - but Grannyring informed me otherwise.

I don't know the history of that unit - Mick might.
I'll get a couple of pics up tonight so you all can see my Syrah. It must have been a custom deal, because I have all three on the power supply. Guess it's time to email Mick.

Joe
for your respose. Well looking forward to the Chardonnay. I should have it in about 6 to 8 weeks. I do plan to use the stock tubes at least for a month or so before doing any kind of tube rolling.

Regards,
Jay
I still haven't had a chance to get some pics up, but I did email Mick about my tube layout. I said:

I bought Syrah serial #119 about a year ago. I have a question. All of the Syrahs I see on Audiogon & Audio Asylum have only the rectifier in the power supply. Mine has both the regulators & rectifier on the power supply. Was this an unusual configuration? #119 was built in July 2001, as per your initials on the bottom of the PS. It is Jarrah & copper. I am hoping you can tell me whats up with mine.

He replied:

Hi Joe
That one was a sort of early Cortese- it ended up being completely different , but some good things came out of that one.
MickM

I guess I made out a lot better than I thought I did! All I know is: This piece brings me almost as much enjoyment as my Teres. And since it helps me enjoy my Teres even more, it will be here for a long time.

Now, if you people would stop killing me with the WE350b's on ebay, I'd REALLY be happy!

Joe
And this thread was almost up where someone could see my post until the "war" between Didactically & Fatparrot escalated.