Vinyl reissues

Do vinyl reissues sound the same as the originals?
tbromgard
I have NEVER heard a reissue that was better than a original, except for London records. London went to a much better cutting head in the early 70s and they reissued many earlier recordings with much better results.

As for the high priced 180gram current batch.I have heard a couple.One was so compressed by comparison to the original that it was embarrassing when the original was played next to it.My original was $15.00 off Ebay, the reissue was $50.00.

e
"....I have NEVER heard a reissue that was better than a original..."

I would encourage you to give a listen to the 45rpm reissue of Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" and see if that sentiment still holds up.
Tim, in fact that is the exact record that makes my point.I have a friend that heard it on a big time Dartzeel system and he was amazed at how bad it was in comparison.

sorry if you own that. I have not heard it first hand, but my friend (who has a very revealing system) says that he (and the owner)were amazed at the lack of engagement,dynamics,soundstage, and sound floor. Also,this is a expensive reissue.

e
Then something was seriously wrong with the system your friend was listening to.
...he was amazed at how bad it was in comparison
I don't think so. Dartzeel amp and pre. The new Ortofon OB40 MC on a table I have never heard of.
This is a truly a "money no object" system in a room built specifically for 2 channel listenings including acoustic treatment and dedicated electricity.

Have you heard a original pressing?

e