New Technics SL1200gr, anyone taken the leap.

Any one here taken the leap on one? In a vintage retro way it is interesting looking
thepreludeimplicit
Just picked one up after auditioning. It does not sound vintage. Fit and finish are superb. I am coming from a tricked out Rega P3-2000,with aftermarket pulley, ball bearing, acrylic platter and power supply. Hassle free set up. What more can one ask for.
I own one.  I also have a VPI prime with speed control.  The gap between the two is not as large as you might think. 
Hello last lemming. I just picked mine up. Have you upgraded the tonearm cable or mat? 
@upstateaudio I have a GR. I’m about to upgrade my phono pre to the JLTi with external power from Australia, other than that, it sounds damn good! Tell me more upgrading the tonearm cable. I hadn’t considered that. I have the Saec SS-300 alloy mat with the Orsonic record clamp, both vintage. I like this combination a lot. I’ll be upgrading my audio rack to the VTI professional series soon too as I currently have an IKEA cabinet that isn’t the most stable thing in the world.

See my system here:

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7186

Knollbent. I haven’t done that yet. I am looking at the Audioquest Sydney cables, but wondering how much of difference that would make. IMHO, I would do something about your rack first.  I have a Mobile Fidelity Superheavy weight as a clamp.

Look for Signal Cable Silver Resolution handcrafted in NYC
Phono RCAs to RCAs available in various custom length.
I am using it now with LOMC cartridges.

It’s a great silver cable for reasonable price!

But i don’t use Neutrik RCAs that comes with this cable, i asked Frank to send me his cable with stripped ends to use much better RCA (The Xhadow).

http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/xhadow-precision-standard-rca-p-1497
excellent @chakster  hoping you'd chime in. I'm going to look into that cable. Copy that @upstateaudio  regarding the stand. 
"Hello last lemming. I just picked mine up. Have you upgraded the tonearm cable or mat?" 

I use use a Funk Firm mat.
Thanks for the tip on Signal Cable. I have some of Frank's cables on my other system. Great value. I just ordered mine.
knollbrent, hope you will report back once you've had the JLTi in your system awhile.  I bought an early version, then added a regulated outboard power supply before they began offering that as an option.

That was a few years ago and I continue to be very happy with mine.  I've used both the hi and low gain positions and have been pleased with both.
Signal Cable installed. I burned it in with a audioengine b1 streamer. Lots of natural detail, shimmering highs compared to stock cable. FY reference I am running it through a Simaudio LP5.3 into a Simaudio i5 integrated into Totem Hawks. AudioArt cables throughout the rest if the system.
@last_lemming  can I ask what music you spin? I am looking at both tables but read that the GR is better for a faster, more dynamic sound with excellent bass extension vs the VPI.

What are your thoughts on the tables?
Thought about getting one, have not found anyone stocking it in Kansas City. Guitar Center has them in their warehouse but none of the KC locations have a demo unit available to listen to. Looks nice and will probably last forever. I am very happy with my 6 yr old VPI Traveler with AT ART9 cartridge. 
I spin primarily jazz with some classic rock, progressive rock, roots and folk. Almost no classical. Its been years since I have heard a VPI, there are no dealers in my area. Although, they have a great rep, the continual introduction and discontinuing of models I find very disconcerting (especially the past few years). I come from having my Rega P3-2000 for many years so I am used to listening to  a lively sound. Maybe you can take my comments from that perspective. By the way, I have left the adjustable torque on the factory setting of "fast". I want to get used to the sound  befoe I play with it. My dealer has not played with this control either.
@last_lemming can I ask what music you spin? I am looking at both tables but read that the GR is better for a faster, more dynamic sound with excellent bass extension vs the VPI.

What are your thoughts on the tables?

I Listen to all types. From Miles Davis, to Pink Floyd, Cash to Led Zepplin. 

Bass is is great on both and so it mids and treble. Understand that each table is in a different system. Honestly the VPI excels at soundstage, but the GR isn't that far behind and ease of use and the ability to switch head shells is a big plus. 
One thing I am learning on the technics tables is the anti skate does not have to be set at the same as the VTF as they say in the manual.  I have found it is best set by ear.  I have a Lyra Delos and the anti-skate I set at .5.  It does not need lots of anti-skate at least to my ears.  
The GR has been my main table for the past few months. Still marveling at how good the thing sounds with a variety of MM catridges too. VPI/Delos is not getting much play these days.