Diving back into analog...which turntable to buy

Ive tried this a few years ago with a LP12 table and could never get it to sound as good as my digital so off it went.Im determined to get a table and make it work...So im willing to spend up to a grand,nothing more.What do I buy used or new.Looking for an easy to setup and maintain belt drive table.Thanks in advance
missioncoonery
"09-03-15: Missioncoonery
Guys...no idea what the heck you are all bantering about and don't really care but it doesnt address my question about turntable recommendations..focus please"

No problem. But it will go better if you let us be audiophiles, and not force us to be dentists.

"09-02-15: Missioncoonery
Im saying a grand on the table..not a table,cart and phone pre...and yes I have albums tons of them that have been boxed for decades,lol.I guess ill go back to google..thanks though"
You can sleep easy tonight Zd542, you are among friends.
I too am a dyed-in-the-wool subjectivist. :)
If you want to "talk amounst yourselves". Start your own thread.Im just asking to those who know more about this what tables they recommend in my price range...pretty simple I would think
If you want to spend is $1,000 dollars it is doubtful that you will find anything that consistently sounds as good as digital. In my experience, digital at it's best takes a lot of beating. I currently have over $12K in my TT/phonostage/cartridge vs. about $2K in my digital Sony HAP-Z1ES and very often digital sound is still king, although it varies by recording and particularly the master.
I recommended a used Scout. Johnnyb53 recommended the new Pioneer that people seem to like very much. Eventually, you'll get recommendations for a Rega P3, Pro Ject and an entry level Nottingham or Thorens. All good TT's. I still would pick the VPI because it sounds great stock and has the best upgrade path.

Another option would be to use a dealer that knows what they're doing. For what you're looking to do, I would call Larry at Hollywood Sound in Hollywood FL. I've done business with him in the past, and he's the best at getting the most value for your dollar. All he does is TT's and should have anything you want in stock. I know several other AQ members that can confirm he's a good person to do business with.