Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Nice system Warren!

how do you like Kimber Kable w/ your Thiel speakers?
Other cable systems that you have owned?
Thanks.

The Kimber Hero is fine.  The system ran with original Monster M1000 (the grey ones from 1989) throughout until i needed to buy more when I went to 7.1.  Then i just switched it up.  As long as the cables are well-insulated from interference, I'm cool with them.  I don't get too caught up in the minutia unless something sounds "wrong".  The last time that happened, was with the M1000 Mk. II.  It did something different, and less convincing, so i bought up all the previous version I needed. 

Cheers,
Warren
Hi All,

I have been reading this thread and just have to tell you where I am at with my CS5's and amp search.

My system used to be Maggie 3.6's but I obtained an inexpensive pair of CS3.6's which I liked a lot and then saw an ad for some CS5's so I said why not.

l ran an Oppo 105 modified by Ric Schultz, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium preamp, Cullen Cables, and W4S ST1000 with the Maggies and was quite happy.

With the CS5's, I needed a new amp. So...I was able to in home audition various amps. In my system, my thoughts:
Proceed HPA2 - harsh treble
Hegel H20 - delicate but got congested with complicated music
Mark Levinson 535H - sterile
Krell 302 evolution - the bass was okay but the treble was a bit shrill - 140 pounds - ugh
Pass X350 - great definition and bass but a bit polite - 130 pounds - ugh

So I took a chance and talked with Doug Dale at Coda. He had a new old stock CS with their Thermal Trac mod. 300 watts into 4 ohms and doubles down. 75 amps of current with peaks to 125 amps.

Sounds very good to my ear in my system. Very musical with lots of detail. The bass is as good, if not better than anything I have tried. Class A  to 5 or 10 watts so it weighs in at 50 pounds and I can play it all day and it is only warm to the touch.