Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
^^^  marqmike ...

Nice to  hear that the fuses are working out for you.  The Black fuses are really amazing. For an extra 20 bucks they are a no-brainer over the Red fuses. 

On the SR HFT's ... How these little things do what they do is a mystery to me. How can something so tiny affect room feedback so significantly? When I placed the ten-pack around the room as directed, then dialed in the first tune on the stereo, I was in disbelief. The HFT's are NOT subtle at all. 

So, I was thinking about upgrading my wall outlet next. The SR Black is available here:  http://highend-electronics.com/products/synergistic-research-black-uef-duplex-receptacle

But then Furutech just came out with an upgraded version of their   GTX DR:  http://highend-electronics.com/products/furutech-gtx-dr-ncf-high-end-performance-duplex-receptacle

Maybe David can give some valuable input on the subject. 

OP
I recently acquired another ten-pack of HFTs via AG and used most of them on my very modest speakers and a few more on USB cable ends, pushing me to a stage five install or beyond (sounds a bit like Scientology, don't it?).

I am so enjoying Patricia Barber's "Nightclub" right now. Extended,very well-defined bass, vanishing noise floor, open top-end with a great sense of space, and a glorious shimmer, ring and detail on the cymbals....
^^^ ... But then of course, there are those who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.  

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." 

OP
"The astonishment at the shameless promotion of nonsensical, technically unexplainable, and ridiculously overpriced faith based pseudo tweaks never fades"…Wolf Garcia.

I'll scurry back into my troll home under the overpass.