Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I enjoyed the input guys. I am inclined to pick up a Krell fpb 300cx for the 6's.An fpb Krell worked great with my 2.4's--; despite not blowing my dress up with the 5i's..I like the Pass amps but have not heard them with the Thiel like I have the  Krell. 

Guys, I hate to switch gears but I bought some Thiel CS3.6s on Audiogon about 5 years and recently asked the manufacturer when mine were made based on their serial numbers. They say 1996....20 years old. They sound terrific, but is there something that could be updated or upgraded to bring these closer to "new" but "broken-in" sound? I'm very happy with what I have, but you never know what you're missing without hearing it. If there is a different discussion thread for this, please let me know.
jonandfamily...

My 3.5's are about 30 years old and still perform as I imagine they did way back when. I suppose one could check the crossover components out to verify all is in order, but I am personally VERY hesitant about letting anyone attempt a repair or "upgrade" for a couple of reasons. 

1.) I believe the design holds true to Jim Thiel's intent and seriously doubt that any alteration to them could or would improve anything. Makes me nervous thinking about the day that something could falter. I bought Thiel's because he designed them, and I should leave well enough alone.

2.) I'd sooner change another component over the speakers.  They've sounded wonderful with everything I've put through them. For now at least it appears that Thiel is still willing to make repairs on their legacy products such as our's, but for how long who knows?  
Good to see you- jonandfamily.

Hopefully, you will bring much to our thread here and love of Thiel speakers.
michaeljbrown-

I have not ruled out Krell, either. Keep me posted on your buying decision!