Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Let’s face it, Thiel is gone. I am fortunate to own and enjoy CS6 and CS2.4 models and I will treasure these fine instruments for a very long time. What irritates me is that the company couldn’t, or wouldn’t, even continue manufacturing the line as Jim left it. At least for 1, 2, 3 and 7 series.

Somehow, that doesn’t seem right, but the bean counters must have concluded there was little money in it. Those designs alone are still valued and enjoyed. Perhaps when they are so rare that the price of pre-owned reach MFSL will they restart production?
The one person that understood Jim Thiel's designs was Gary Dayton. He worked very closely w /Jim Thiel during his illness. When the new administration came in Gary was one of the first to go. He's doing very well w/Bryston.
The latest Thiel site is horrifying.

nkonor -- I looked in vain for any sign of  " Will Thiel actually make Legacy models on "Special Order"  and at what costs? For how long? "

I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that was the case. Did I miss something?
tmsrdg,

I did Not see any mention of being able to "Special Order" any models of the Legacy Speakers on the now Lame Thiel website. I was just following a comment by "prof" @ 2:53.

Perhaps the OP; jafant will revive Thiel and bring us Thiel speakers and continue Jim's work. Maybe complete a 3.7SE, maybe a 7.2SE. Perhaps he can bring on some of the other people like oblgny, vair68robert, jond and keep Rob in the game. Maybe they can get the midrange drivers for the 3.5s to Last and get rid of that awful bass EQ . Maybe, Perhaps????

Just getting rid of the current owners and management would be a step in the right direction. Otherwise IMO ;  Thiel is a  "Dead Speaker Walking" (playing music?)

Best to All