Greatest Rock Drummers

Given the subject line many names come to mind such as  Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins and Carl Palmer but, is Neil Peart the greatest rock drummer of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k
128x128falconquest
Bobby Graham! RIP (1940-2009).

This powerhouse drummer provided the backbeat to those amazing early Kinks hits - You Really Got Me, All Day and All of the Night, I Gotta Move. Such authority, and such minimal fills - no stupid show off crap.
John Bonham's part in "Rock and Roll" is a direct cop of Earl Palmer's in Little Richard's "Keep-A-Knockin'"
Wow, that is a keen observation. But IMO, its probably a homage to that intro and Earl Palmer. After all, the song is called "Rock and Roll."

einmensch, your comment really puts this subject into perspective. And right on with your list of great jazz drummers.

Funny how these lists of great rock drummers always turns into a list of jazz drummers. But that is the natural progression in music, drummers like Simon Philips and Bill Bruford have released jazz albums. (Just to name a few).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Steve Gadd; he can do it all.

Carter Beauford....Nobody else can do what he does.   And I've seen a lot of bands.  Palmer is pretty far up on the list as well.

BTW, seems that Audiogon should arrange for discounts with AARP now that I think about it....
Lots of great artists here, not to dismiss any; and I get it that some may
argue that Little Feat was not a rock band, but my guy is/was Richie 
Hayward; may he rest in peace.