I’d appreciate opinions from RMAF 2017 Show attendees on the Elac Adante AF61

Hello all:

I didn’t have the opportunity to attend RMAF 2017 this year and I am very interested in the new Elac Adante AF-61 floor standing loudspeakers.  Of course I’ll find a means to audition before purchase but I did watch/listen to a couple of 4-5 minute internet show coverage videos. Allowing for poor audio quality of the show coverage videos, they sounded a bit strident or metallic in their upper mids and treble registers. Opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

normie57
The new rooms were TOUGH on presenters - especially if not treated properly. Really brutal wall and ceiling finishes. We agree with Marqmike - gotta hear them in your room/equipment (best) or a good audio-purposed room at least before anyone can make an honest call....

It was rare to hear a great sounding room this year - mostly from the folks that are serious experts at it. May not be fair to other good sounding gear masked by acoustic issues.
The ELAC rooms are always packed, especially when Andrew Jones is "holding court".  I did not have the best seat but I thought the ELAC's sounded very good and great for their price range, but not even close to the best at the show. The best sounding speakers were in the Gryphon room!

I truly appreciate all of your valuable opinions!  My suspicion is that the Elac AF-61 were the best loudspeakers in their price range or even slightly beyond, as Mr Jones has great experience and has received much acclaim for his fabulous sounding concentric designs.
Yes indeed, an audition is in my future and quite possibly a purchase. 
Many thanks!

My suspicion is that the Elac AF-61 were the best loudspeakers in their price range or even slightly beyond
Not sure about that. Some show reports say that the Tektons were also very good loudspeakers and are priced much less.
They sounded good, maybe just a touch of metallic coloration in the upper highs.  It most certainly was not the best sounding room at the show, at least not to my ears.  It was probably very close to the best room for the money.  I agree with shoff, Gryphon room sounded sublime.  I really liked Legacy, even though it was setup more in the open space.  And Raidho room also sounded awesome.