Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Kenny,
I didn't register here to argue with or teaching anyone so apologize if it looks like that, I'm here to share my experience with this excellent amp and bring some knowledge about digital signal processing....

but with due respect I have to question why would anyone run direct digital amp 24/7 especially if it doesn't contain any components which requires thermal stabilization and thus could alter its short term operation, of course everyone is free to do whatever they want to do...
in terms of electrolytic caps, as you know they have limited lifespan and wearing off with time so that's why I mentioned it as reason why I wouldn't run it 24/7 

the link provided is just guideline for those interested to find out how does this amp operates in terms of high level signal processing, anyone can google those chips/processors to find relevant info including their history (e.g. why it's called Equibit) 

anyway, I wish to everyone happy listening with this beautiful piece of electronics ;)
Anyway on to something more substantial,

I received my pair of Lawrence Audio double bass speakers on Thursday and have enough time on them to give some initial impressions.Several folks have been asking.

They most definitely sound as beautiful as they look,and the midrange and on up will remind you of the clarity and transparency of panels but with a much wider sweet spot,and just a wonderful precisely layered holographic stage.
The 2 five inch tall amt’s cover a very large range of the musical signal,1.8k to 30k and mate up seamlessly to the 8inch mid woofer which gives a really nice full meaty midrange and lwr mids,no thinness anywhere with this speaker.There’s 2 ribbon tweeters,the one on the front handles 7k to 40k and the rear firing ribbon 9k to 40k.
The beefy 12 inch woofer on the bottom produces outstanding bass from 150 Hz to 28 Hz flat in my room and measure at -3db around 25hz,plenty of bass for most of the music that I listen to without needing my pair of subs.

They also have excellent detail and dynamics at a whisper in volume,better than any speaker that I can recall listening to,and Offcourse the 2170 helps with that.

These big speakers simply just disappear and nothing about them really calls attention to them,they are just seamlessly well balanced and will require no Dsp parametric equalizer from Roon.They just sound like music,a brilliant very well implemented marriage of ribbons,amt’s and cones.

The speakers aren’t really very fussy at all in placement,unlike some that I’ve owned,but I spent a couple of days with combo’s of toe in,front baffle rake angle,and center to center spacing.

After all the positioning was done and I was satisfied that I got about the best that I could,I did a Room perfect setup with 5 mic positions that give me 98% room knowledge and 12% correction.This is about average #’s for me in my room.

I’ve taken my 2170 into other people’s homes for demo purposes and I’ve had correction #’s as high as 48% at the same knowledge % of 98.

It’s a little bit of a process to learn your room and take very carefully placed measurements with the mic,but well worth it in the end result.

My personal opinion about Rp is less is more.

Best to all,
Kenny.
Kenny
They sound sublime! Definitely on my want list...someday!
I used all the proceeds from selling off seperates and cables to buy my daughter a new car...lol.
Oh well the 2170 still makes my old Wilson's do a disappearing act.

A question for all 2170 owners though.

Does anybody actually place their speakers in the corner or up against walls as Lyngdorf says you can and if so how good does it sound?
Or are the vast majority like myself tweaking speaker position as good as possible and THEN running the Rp service to render their speakers invisible.
@uberwaltz 

I reached out to Lyngdorf on speaker placement.   They recommend that you place subs in the corners only if you have 2 subs.  They do not recommend placing the main speakers in the corner.  I did not ask about placing the main speakers against the wall but I have seen that some customers on avforums are doing this.  There is a fairly active Lyngdorf thread there. 

i have open baffle Spatial Audio M3 Triodes so do not place them against the wall.   Like you, I place them where they sound best and then run RP.

Kenny,

Congats on the Double Bass speakers.  They look fantastic and I am sure they sound the same.

Nick