Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Kenny
Yes I have loved the looks of the vast majority of the Lawrence line of speakers ever since I first cast eyes on a pair of Violins.
So glad you are happy with them and that they seem to work well with the 2170.

Old pair of Wilson Witt mk1.
Had to fit new tweeters, new mids and new crossover resistors from when i bought them as used and very abused specimens!
Probably would have been better off spending more up front on a pristine pair.
However I have to say since fixing them I have been relatively happy. Always had too much boomy bass in my room no matter the speakers but the 2170 has cured that.
Now it is deep controlled solid bass, the sort you feel when its wound up some!
@kdude66  You are wrong. According to manual, 2170 only accepts DSD up to 128. Now, after receiving my 2170, I can confirm that if I upsample anything over DSD 128, it doesn't play any music, nada.

I'm not complaining though. The sound is sublime. Early impression is VERY VERY good.
Uberwaltz,
Yes for some strange reason Lyngdorf does recommend putting your speakers right on the wall,but to avoid any corners.

I don’t agree with this but I have tried it in the past as a experiment,
the percent amount of correction needed will go way up,like in the 40’s or higher and the Lyngdorf will correct this,but your soundstage depth will narrow considerably and to my ears,the tone,timbre,and the aliveness or Immediacy of the music will not sound correct.It will sound artificial.

I think that they promote this just as a saleing feature of their product for modern homes that people don’t want speakers sticking out.Most people don’t have a dedicated listening room so their room is comprised some way or another.

I paired my 2170 with a pair of vintage Cornwall’s at a friends house,the room only 8x10 or 11 with those speakers right on the wall and the listening position only about 6 ft away.They needed 50% correction but that darn Lyngdorf totally transformed the sound to something I would classify as good but not great.

Basically you want to optimize everything in your system the very best that you can before running RP.

I get a few questions asking about the mic position when you are doing the focus position,which is the first mic position that you do.
I carefully measure the best that I can exactly where my nose is when I’m seated in my listening chair and I duplicate those measurements for the mic placement.Basically will place the mic centered between your ears.

If you guys didn’t know,after rp is set up you can add and store different focus positions.And once added you can select the different ones which is great for experimenting.You can also add and store a second set of speakers which will be selectable.I use this feature if I take the 2170 to someone else’s home to try in their system.Kinda cool huh.

The online manual explains these features.

Kenny.

radiohead,
No I’m not wrong.I know the manual says only Dsd 128,but I have upsampled to dsd 256 or 512 via Roon and or HQ player and stream via Ethernet in my local network to my Sotm ultra 200 endpoint,which Offcourse is a Usb renderer and then Usb to the Lyngdorf.

Works for me all day everyday,I prefer pcm 32/384 So that’s what I use mostly for everything that I play.

Are you using the USB input.

Glad to read that you like it.

Kenny.
Hey everyone,

I’m looking to add headphone amp with my Lyngdorf 2170. What are all of you using?

I have a Audioquest Dragonfly Black that I use with my phone, but looking for something to integrate with my whole system. Guessing it needs to be an amp/dac combo to take in coax out from the digital out of the 2170.

Best,
Robert