Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
I may have figured out why in my system with the 2170 that I can stream dsd 256 or 512 into the Lyngdorf via USB.Even though I know they say the limit is 128.I can do this with either Roons upsample engine or HQ player,and the difference maybe that I don’t install Lyngdorf’s plugin on my computer’s,I have 3 total,but I’m only currently using my latest one.

More experience with trial and error may be needed,As I’ve said before I mainly prefer 32/384 pcm the best even with the handful of Dsd recordings that are 64 or 128 that I own.

Anyway it’s all about the sound and this is a minor thing IMO.

Kenny.
Just got an in house demo of 2170 today.

Wow! I am blown away. It has changed my entire notion of my audiophile journey and preconceptions: tubes, a sweet spot, separate components, speaker positioning -- they all seem so unnecessary. 

All that audiophilia bugs itching all the time. All gone. Just get a Lyngdorf and keep listening to the music from (gasp!) any part of your room.

It was too good, beat my 300b system in every single way except the sweet midrange on my favorite Mingus tune (goodbye pork pie hat).

Think I will be selling my tubey-stuff and placing an order for a 3400 soon.
@essrand 

I guess you liked it then......

Enjoy the new journey. I am basically done now apart from tweaks and upgrades to my vinyl , new phono stage ordered this morning for example.
But I am off the amp, speakers, cables etc merry go round for now.
I just have to ask the question as to why folks would want to spend more on the 3400 When most of us don’t need that much power? Often times the more powerful version of the same brand amplifier does not sound as good as the lower power version. I actually had an opportunity to trial the Lyngdorf 2400 amplifier and actually preferred the sound of my 2170. 2400 had more control of my speakers and my music had more authority if you will. However in the end it just did not sound as good as the 2170. The 2170 has a certain musicality that 2400 just did not match.

It may well be the 3400 sounds better than a 2170 but none of us really know. I do know often times more watts comes at a sonic expense. Food for thought.
It looks like the 3400 also has built in media player and ability to tailor the room perfect curves rather than just a set of presets.
Maybe that is part of the appeal?

I know for sure I will wait until I hear some good solid reviews before stumping up near 7k.