Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
@grannyring Please share what are the ways 2170 can be improved. Mine goes to standby mode when there's no signal playing for some time. How do I prevent that?

@kdude66  Interesting. What USB driver are you using that allows you to stream DSD 512? I'm extremely curious. My system sounds significantly better with DSD upsample, with higher rates the better. Your feedback will be helpful.

I use Pure Audio Project Horn1 speaker. They truly excellent speakers. I use them in my living room of 15'x12'. Its funny how the open baffle horn interact with my living space. Previously my room was heavily treated, corner bass traps, absorber on first and second reflection point, monster bass trap at the back wall and what not. However, since using the PAP open baffle, I had to reduce the sound treatment significantly to make the speaker sound better. It's surprising how it's 2x15" woofer each channel integrate so well in a small room.

What is puzzling is that, after I installed 2170 and took enough measurement to have RP 100%, I do not notice a significant different with or without room perfect. Any idea why that could be? I took 11 measurement (3 additional ones after receiving 100% RP). Also, there's 5' opening into hallway at the back of left channel. I took a measurement of that space too. Is that desirable?

Funny thing is, even though I do not notice a drastica difference between having RP on or off, the sound quality regardless is superb; I mean really really good.
I really don’t want to do so on this thread. The unit sounds amazing without it. I don’t want to derail it. It is only for folks who are willing to nullify the warranty, spend at least $300 - $500, and have advanced skills. It requires taking apart the unit to access the back of the circuit board and then desoldering parts and resoldering new parts that are very big for the space. Advanced skills are a must or the unit will be ruined in quick fashion.

You can go into the 2170 settings and turn off the auto standby mode.
My wire of choice for this unit includes the Phasure Lush USB, my own DIY USB, and a musical power cord such as one made with Furutech  FP-SO22N Nano AuAg 14 AWG Power Cable and high quality connectors.  
@radiohead99

Make sure RoomPerfect is on Neutral/ Focus all the time. I have sometimes had RP on Bypass (off) or had RP on Global by mistake. Not nearly as good sounding as Focus.

What room correction % did you have? The % readings is in the settings somewhere.

I originally had Dipoles speaker with sealed bass module, which didn’t need much room correction..about 9%
Then I got regular cone driven floorstanders and I got about 18% room correction.
Easy tweaks that the 2170 loves.  Good USB cable such as the Phasure LUSH. Good power conditioning and power cord.  She does respond to it.