Please Read and express your feelings and opinions....

I noticed  that lately or maybe for the last five yrs, there is so much arguments,name calling, attacking cables , speakers , components makers and more, more of disagreement with members, even Audio dealers are being attack here...Very few know how to apologize when they are wrong.What can we do as Audiogon members to improve our communication to each other? How to give the informations, recommendation to members who need it? This is without involving Audiogon, any opinion or ideas ,  For me this is fun and place to learn in audio...thank you all
128x128jayctoy
It seems to me there are a variety of basic characters here. There's those who don't know much and want to learn. There are some who know some stuff. There are those who really know nothing and come here to peddle their myths. 
I feel I'm somewhere between the first and second type. I don't know everything by a long shot, but I know enough to recognize nonsense when I see it. When I see folks show up boasting myths or claiming they invented the 4 mode of transistor operation or the next frontier in bass reproduction (all things I've actually run across here), I don't think it's out of line to put some pointed questions to those claims. 
If somebody can't tolerate their claims being scrutinized like an adult, then those people should refrain from expressing themselves. It would probably help if people could be honest about what they like. It would be cool if people didn't lord their decades of buying gear over people as if that passes for technical knowledge, too. I think a lot of problems would go away if all that stopped. 
i don't notice anything like
that.  Younger People need to grow A heavier coat of skin. Did you just get out of collage ??  They do a mind job on kids.  
 Everything is great from
My point of view 
  Good luck young fella

My opinions.  Some people are trolls that hide behind the security of the internet and therefore, they can say what they want or insult whomever they want with impunity.  There is really no recourse for them.  No penalty, or pushback.  Rudeness resounds in this country (USA) and has for the last 10 years or so.  don't get me started.  Rude, obnoxious people crawled our from under whatever rocks they were hiding under and decided that it was now okay to insult whomever.  Mostly from a very strong sense of entitlement and superiority.

They were never called out for it.

But, if they were to say such things to your face, there very well might be a fight.

Opinions vary, but that is all they are, opinions. Fuses??? what ever makes you happy. Audio Research bashing?  that just makes no sense to me.

I have no problem with healthy discussions and even heightened expressions of opinions.  I do however have a problem with rude people and bullies.  People that refuse to get in line and decide to cut lines, either standing or in traffic.  People that insult because you don't follow their viewpoint.  Religious, etc.  people that try to push others around.

this is a forum about the high end of audio.  I also am into restorations of classic cars and I can tell you that the Mopar crowd vs the Corvette Crowd, vs the Porsche crowd??? oh boy.  you talk about insults and heated arguments.  wow.  And they do it to your face.

but it all comes down to basic selfishness in my opinion. Certain people feel that their opinion is the only one that matters and that because they feel they are right, then everyone else must be wrong.

I learned a long, long time ago, that there can be more than one "right".  Many people have not cared to learn this valuable lesson.

I had a conversation a few minutes ago with a female friend and she outlined her opinion that if she felt someone was rude to her then they were rude period.  I explained that it may be cultural differences and that the person may not be rude at all, but just because you "felt" someone was rude, doesn't mean that they actually were.  I couldn't budge her opinion one bit.  "Oh no, if I feel that person is rude, then to me they are."  Really?  I said.  What if you were wrong?  "how could I be wrong when I felt they were rude?" circular conversation.    The example of people from New York came up. How many feel that people from New York are rude.  I explained that in my opinion, based on my trips there, no one I met was rude.  They were simply always in a constant state of hurry.  They had things to do and places to go and didn't have time to sit around chit chatting. waiting for slow people to make up their minds.  So, they were trying to rush things along.  Some feel they are rude.  but to me they weren't.  In New York it is considered rude to have eye contact.  But in LA, not establishing eye contact makes you weak, rude and definitely a target.  Different place, different attitudes.

I believe in respect.  Rude people, especially children should be set straight.  otherwise they feel that it is okay to do or say whatever.  parents that let their children act out in public, well, I understand whey children grow up being rude.   Well, it is not okay and they should be called out for it.  However, one first has to be very, very clear as to whether that person is rude.

I have seen many examples here of extremely rude people participating in forums.  No way would they have the same conversation face to face.

In closing, if you see rude, call them out on it.

Healthy disagreements are one thing. Rudeness quite the other.

But I'll tell you one thing. I've disagreed with people about high end equipment.  But, when you put us in the same room doing A/B comparisons for that equipment, we ultimately hear the same things and agree. 

enjoy

Too many folks have forgotten, never learned or flat out disregard the wisdom of The Firesign Theater. Take your pick:

”Everything You Know Is Wrong “

”I Think We’re All Bozos On This Bus”
It is what it is. I read few things on here anymore and participate in significantly fewer. That being said, those Tekton fan boys have nothing on the TRL vs. APL Hifi fanboy threads. Those threads were legendary and make today's seem tame in comparison. Sort of like the part in the Godfather when they went to the mattresses. I lost count of how many threads got erased.