Dynavector cartridges, old and new

For more than 40 years Dynavector has been producing very high quality moving coil cartridges in Japan. Sadly we don't have a dedicated Dynavector thread here on audiogon. It would be nice to collect info about some nice rare models in one topic. 

My first Dynavector was high output model, very attractive headshell integrated as one piece - Dynavector DV-30A was released in Japan 1 year before the Karat series and 4 years before the fabulous Karat Nova. The first high output Moving Coil Dynavector DV-30 series was the next generation of the Ultimo cartridges. The Ultimo’s were manufactured by Onlife Research Inc., which later became Dynavector. The 30-series was introduced in 1978 with 3 different models DV-30A & DV-30B (HOMC) and DV-30C (LOMC). Till the early 80s it was top of the line Dynavector models.... 

But then the KARAT was released with short Ruby and Diamond cantilevers (depends on the model). I've been looking for KARAT for a long time, i found the Dynavector KARAT 23RS special calibrated version with Micro Ridge stylus tip and prism Ruby cantilever. This particular model has been introduced in 1988 and claimed to be superior to the earlier generation of Karat carts. I'd like to seek more info about this rare cartridge, but very little info available online. Anyone can comment on Karat Ruby 23RS mkI (not mkII) ?  

I know some mebers are enjoing the more expensive Karat Nova series, XV-1, XX-2, Te Kaitora Rua etc 

Modern Dynavector site is: http://www.dynavector.com/ 

But the rare models can be found here

128x128chakster
He’s so legendary, that few of us have ever heard of him. Now that’s an exclusive. I would not have known that Paul Klipsch ever had anything to do with making cartridges.
@lewm Western world is not familiar what's going on in Japan, here is a prime example.  Dr Hibino also produced the same carts under his own brand name Zenn MCZ in Japan. 

In the 80's, Klipsch company designed a special moving coil cartridge with four models: - MCZ-2 (with special aluminum alloy cantilever) - MCZ-7 (with ultra stiff boron cantilever) - MCZ-10 (with pure ruby cantilever) - MCZ-110 (with pure diamond cantilever) and commissioned famous Hinoaki Hibino (from Hibino Electro Sound, Inc., Japan) with their manufacturing. Each Klipsch cartridge was handcrafted, made to precise specs and tested under direct supervision of Mr. Hibino.

Dear chakster, The story I know is different. According to this

story Prof. Hibino was very fond of Klipsch speakers but

not satisfy with dynamic performance of the existing (MC)

cartridges. So he designed his own. When he was in America

he visited Klipsch and demonstrated to him his cart. Klipsch was

so impressed that he ordered 4 kinds each with other cantilever

kind. The idea being that with different cantilever different

timbre can be achieved satisfying different subjective preferences.

Later on Hibino established his own company and produced the

same carts under his own brand ''Zenn''. I own ''Klipsch'' with

aluminum cantilever.

I own a Klipsch/Hibino/Zenn MCZ-7 boron cartridge. They are somewhat rare having been marketed under the Klipsch name here and Zenn in Great Britain. Nice cartridge and somewhat of a sleeper.

Even Klipsch aficianados do a double take when you whip out a headshell with a Klipsch cartridge in it.
Guys.  This must be an Eastern European thing.  I never ever heard of a Klipsch cartridge or a Zenn cartridge, either.  Of course, I have led a sheltered life on the East Coast of the US.  However, "MCZ" was the designation of a Grado cartridge model, back when the TLZ and XTZ were top of their line.  I recall auditioning an MCZ in comparison to a TLZ.  TLZ was so far superior that it was evident in 2 minutes of listening.  Chakster, you keep quoting long passages, but you don't say where you found the quotes.  If you would cite them, then perhaps I would be more impressed with their content. However, it's reassuring to know that the alu cantilever was "special", the boron cantilever was "extra stiff" (If only I could make such a claim), and the diamond cantilever was "pure". (I hope you guys know that, in our parlance, I am "pulling your chain", which means I am kidding.  However, it is true that I never heard of Klipsch or Zenn cartridges.)  Since my son makes his home in Tokyo, it behooves me to know about Dr Hibino.