Turntable

Is a good idea to put Metal Lube on turntable,s spindle?
miguel1972
I agree the most here that for a TT bearing, a separate product that needs to be applied prior to and in addition to the bearing lubricant is not necessary.

I would concur that products such as Caig that are meant to be applied on electrical conductors that fill in microscopic gaps, do work and are beneficial in that area.
Walker Audio SST silver paste works,too, but that’s a different application.
To begin with, Metal Lube is not a lubricant. It acts on the metals, sealing the pores and does not replace any lubricant. It is necessary to add a lubricant type with metal lube agun.
This would defeat the intended design of sintered bronze bearings which are found in many turntables.
Lower friction does not necessarily mean less noise. Also, some TT are designed to have a certain amount of friction to act as a constant low-noise brake. I would stick to the manufacturer's recommendation - yeah, maybe it's $50 for an ounce worth 50 cents, but what's your TT worth?
So far, Helomech offered the most cogent point.  Make sure your turntable does not have sintered bronze bearings, by all means.  And then don't use the stuff regardless.

Friction in a piston engine, which lives at very high piston velocities and where the metals are known, is a whole different thing from what's happening in a turntable.