Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
I ran my 2170 with Living Voice OBX RW speakers and the combo worked very well. Great sound at lower to moderate SPLs.  Wonderful imaging, intimacy and overall musicality in my room.  
I have Tekton Ulfberhts. There aren't many speakers more efficient than those. The 2170 is stunning with them at low gain. The sound never really changes across the output levels. Which I assume is the characteristic you're most interested in. But the 2170 will drive you out of the room at anything approaching -10. One day I'm going to push it to Zero just to say I've been there. Sort of like top-ending your sports car on an empty highway somewhere. ;-)
I put my 3400 up for sale (along with my Coincident SEIIIs) if anyone is interested... 
Cal3713,
The Lyngdorf and Coincident speakers seems like it’d be a very good match. What combination will replace it? I don’t believe that you’ll have trouble selling either item, especially the popular Lyngdorf 3400..
Charles
@charles1dad   Hi Charles, I still have my Coincident PREs... I just came to the conclusion that they prefer tubes (at least up top for the tweeter & midrange).  Perhaps not surprising given that Isreal doesn't make any SS amps.  I tried bi-amping with the 3400 on the bass units, but couldn't quite get the two amps to sound coherent together.  Going to check out Atma-Sphere M-60s next I think...