Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
I would try to get to the source of the static. You (@fromunda) said you have hardwood floors. Are you wearing socks, long pants that chafe? I play records barefoot and it makes a big difference. Relative humidity is, as mentioned, an important factor.
I’ve had those Zerostat guns for decades, and while they do ’work’ to a degree, I’ve always tried to get to the source of the problem, rather than try to ameliorate it.
In terms of de-static devices, you can buy a bench top ionizer of the type used in chip/electronics building as a refurbished or used item for way less than the audiophile approved ones. I haven’t had to resort to that.
Also, how are your records sleeved? Pulling them in and out of a paper sleeve is likely to charge them. I resleeve in a good aftermarket inner and then don’t put the record back in the jacket, but instead in a ’pocket’ created by an aftermarket jacket sleeve-- less friction when I removed the sleeved record to play and return it after play. All these things help.
@whart ,

I already tried these remedies with the OP. Hopefully, your (pull) will bring a more rationale to this discussion.
@slaw- My "Pull"? Surely you jest! :)
it's all good, man. (Saul Goodman, aka ’Better Call Saul’-- love that show).
Haven't tried this yet, but it's cheaper than all the gizmos out there:
https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekuv1gkqi54o905pfkl27j2p60&topic=25621.0

Best thing to do is use a humidifier with distilled water, and avoid pulling the LP from its sleeve until you're right next to the turntable.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

Good advice. I have a Discwasher Zerostat, not the Milty, and it works every time.
 The directions may not state this, but fire the Zerostat at 3 areas of the record slowly pulling the trigger in, then out. Your last time firing it only pull the trigger in, then move the gun away from the disc and release the trigger. My Zerostat clicks if it's being done correctly.
These instructions can be found in the archives.

It really does seem like you have a dry environment, as stated by others.