Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
@whart ,

I already tried these remedies with the OP. Hopefully, your (pull) will bring a more rationale to this discussion.
@slaw- My "Pull"? Surely you jest! :)
it's all good, man. (Saul Goodman, aka ’Better Call Saul’-- love that show).
Haven't tried this yet, but it's cheaper than all the gizmos out there:
https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekuv1gkqi54o905pfkl27j2p60&topic=25621.0

Best thing to do is use a humidifier with distilled water, and avoid pulling the LP from its sleeve until you're right next to the turntable.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

Good advice. I have a Discwasher Zerostat, not the Milty, and it works every time.
 The directions may not state this, but fire the Zerostat at 3 areas of the record slowly pulling the trigger in, then out. Your last time firing it only pull the trigger in, then move the gun away from the disc and release the trigger. My Zerostat clicks if it's being done correctly.
These instructions can be found in the archives.

It really does seem like you have a dry environment, as stated by others.

@slaw Sir (?), I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. So I'm guessing that makes two of us...