Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
@geoffkait 

Well there's a non sequitur failure of reason. I don't even know how to comprehend that nonsense. 
Post removed 
@stevecham I think you may be on to something. However when I think of noise, I think of background hum or hiss. Does this noise you speak of go further than a veil over the music and the reduction of it makes the treble less harsh, improve the slam of the music and make things more dynamic and musical - the things I have experienced with better power cords. Also note, I am fortunate in that my listening environment is quite free of RF noise pollution and the like. I use a number of RCA cables that have no shielding and I’ve never picked up noise through them. 
Psychological bias cannot be used to explain all positive results. Psychological bias can be eliminated from candidates by careful and thorough testing. Psychological bias is typically used by naysayers who do not trust their own hearing and/or who wish to disparage some audio tweak or another. No one has said there’s no such thing as psychological bias or that it can’t occur in audio. But to claim it explains all controversial or mysterious audio phenomena is pretty absurd.
Post removed