Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
I would add to Geoff’s list and suggest the solid vs. fluid nature of the conductor. Teo_Audio, where are your liquid metal fluid power cables?
@acman3  There has been a lot of thread crapping in this thread. And I'm sure I've probably contributed my fair share. But the post that was removed was neither thread crapping or uncivil....if I remember correctly. 

And quite a few offensive posts have gone....unmoderated.

I have not been able to contact the mods for an explanation.

maritime51 said:

"Avoid engaging a certain Kat and you’ll be fine."

Agreed, but again, the post in question did not even do that. 

I agree with others though. It has run its course and is at an impasse. Time to leave it be.
Shielding? The 50 miles of transmission line to your house have no shielding either. 
kosst, And a lot of incoming AC sucks, too. Not saying that is due to lack of shielding though.
mkgus, Perhaps the simplest answer to your query is the differences in conditioning of the power cable you used on your older player versus your newer player. Cable conditioning is arguably as important as quality of the cable used.
celander678 posts12-19-2018 4:39pmCan’t let Geoff have the last word on this one. 
+1, to markalarsen

I’d go further and suggest all cables are influenced by EMI. And some cables don’t have a shield. Just saying that as a matter of fact, not preference or argument. But arguably, some unshielded cables are highly regarded among those cables having the best SQ, including power cables.

>>>>>A little bit of confliction in those statements.