Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
sfcfran, your analogy while interesting is highly exaggerated and not completely accurate. Musical content just like other "data" is transmitted through packets and there are mechanisms along the path to ensure the integrity of the packets. Its not like a "wave" is traveling through air and going through wires and cables, etc. Also, in most if not all cases, satellite is not in play for music content transmissions but as a reference, many get suer high quality video content through the same path you described without even a single frame out of pace.
Sorry about the tangent.
+1, kalali. 

Not sure why but some folks are just eager to express their uninformed opinions instead of speaking from actual experiences. 

Streaming has come a long way in last 3-4 years. Just invest in a good ‘audio’ streamer / DAC combo along with Tidal subscription and prepare to be amazed. 
It’s the same as streaming movies, even though they say it is, the streamed picture and sound never seem to look or sound as good as playing the physical medium dvd or blu-ray disc.

Cheers George

My streamed movies from VUDU are identical to the same played from a Blu-Ray disk.  VUDU is better.

Steve N.