Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Been contemplating about the degree that various aspects contribute to my listening experience. Although this is rather artificial, I would say say that the recording/performance accounts for 35 %, my speakers for 35%, my room acoustics another 20 % and the electronics perhaps 10% of the listening experience. All of this is contingent on being in the right frame of mind. Music certainly enhances my state of mind but my mind can also be the greatest obstacle to the listening experience. So ultimately, my state of mind is the most important aspect of the listening experience. Your thought on this parceling out of the contributions to your listening experience.
Listening to some speakers at a dealer (a former Thiel dealer) recently, I mentioned that I've owned Thiel 3.6s for 21 years and recently had my amps updated, upon which he replied that Thiels are real "amp killers."  The dealer stated that since Thiel speakers are so difficult to drive, they "eat-up amps."
I've never heard that comment previously, so am wondering if there's any way a demanding speaker can have a negative affect on an amp's life.
Facts (rather than opinions) would be appreciated.
Thanks.  
holco
My pleasure. Thank You for seeing a way to make an excellent loudspeaker- Outstanding! You guys here that are on the D.I.Y side are performing an incredible service for many owners. Very cool and sharp minds. I believe in modifications and the modders that make it happen.

Happy Listening!
thielrules
interesting query and percentage factors for the Panel to ponder.
Room acoustics may be the most adjustable factor as some of you guys have a naturally great -sounding space (low percentage). While others, have an inherently unforgiving acoustical space (higher percentage).
The same train of thought can be applied to dealers/retailers. IME, I must give props to The Listening Room in Baltimore MD. The retail space had excellent sounding rooms without any additional acoustical treatments (all rooms were contractor carpeted).

Happy Listening!