Top 3 Most Overrated Artists contest in R&R.

I nominate
#1 KISS (What is R&R hall of fame after all?)
#2 Jonn Bon Jovi (actually can share same spot with Kiss)
#3 Rolling Stones (mostly they just don't make sense and hardly ever I can note of anyone being any good there)
czarivey
Judyazblues,

David Bowie...Overrated? That's just crazytalk! Listen to "Ziggy Stardust," "Hunky Dory," and "Aladdin Sane," and then resubmit your comment-if you can. David Bowie...Seriously??
How can you all be calling the Stones and Bowie overrated when there are terrible next generation bands like "Fall Out Boy" and "Maroon 5" selling millions of units. These bands have no style; they are formula bands that the record labels sell to the iPod users. Now IMHO, I would call these lame "R&R" bands overrated.

Kiss, Bowie, the Stones readily admit that they were influenced by the great blues artists and early R&R'rs and they have the talent to develop their own unique style. They'll be listened to for years to come.
Let's throw another hat in the ring of shame. I was watching a documentary last night about the rise and fall of the Clash. This is another band that a lot of critics fawn over. One of them said "The greatest three bands; The Beatles, the Stones, and the Clash." Personally, I think London Calling is a pretty great album. However, taking their career in sum, I've never been a smitten as some are. Mainly because I just never got sucked into the "anti-virtuoso" "everyman is a rock star of you've got the right persona" ethos of the punk era.