Top 3 Most Overrated Artists contest in R&R.

I nominate
#1 KISS (What is R&R hall of fame after all?)
#2 Jonn Bon Jovi (actually can share same spot with Kiss)
#3 Rolling Stones (mostly they just don't make sense and hardly ever I can note of anyone being any good there)
czarivey
Chaz,

Your point re: early Ron Wood vs late Ron Wood is noted, but I disagree. I think the guy has continued to improve throughout his career and his most recent solo recording (I Feel Like Playing) is my favorite. I do acknowledge that I am in the minority on this one, so it's more "One man's meat...." than worth debating.

I won't go the overrated route for the same reason - One man's meat...
Lindisfarne----Did you REALLY name your son after Ronnie Wood? If so, what does he think about that? What is his age now? I hope he gets it.
Judyazblues,

David Bowie...Overrated? That's just crazytalk! Listen to "Ziggy Stardust," "Hunky Dory," and "Aladdin Sane," and then resubmit your comment-if you can. David Bowie...Seriously??
How can you all be calling the Stones and Bowie overrated when there are terrible next generation bands like "Fall Out Boy" and "Maroon 5" selling millions of units. These bands have no style; they are formula bands that the record labels sell to the iPod users. Now IMHO, I would call these lame "R&R" bands overrated.

Kiss, Bowie, the Stones readily admit that they were influenced by the great blues artists and early R&R'rs and they have the talent to develop their own unique style. They'll be listened to for years to come.